Hello! Thank you so much for registering for the innaugural Queen City Art Swap. We are so excited to have you, and are brainstorming a lot of fun future project ideas. But first, let’s focus on our Spring Swap. Please be sure to read this ENTIRE email carefully, as you’ll find all the detailed info you need here.
1. In a separate email, we will be sending you the name and information of your partner, the person who will receive your original art. This is a blind swap, so please DO NOT reveal your partner’s name to anyone, and do not tag them specifically in any photos posted online. Shhh! It’s a secret! You will also be assigned to a team leader, either Team Bauhaus (Stephanie Hornickel, aka @theladyinthread), or Team Fauvist (Nicole Chilton, aka @nikosaur). We will be checking in with you periodically throughout the spring.
2. We do, however, encourage posting to social media of your progress and process! Be active on Instagram and our Facebook group (or any other site you frequent). Please be sure to tag any photo of your process as #queencityartswap and/or #queencityartswap2015. By doing so, you give us permission to use this photo in our own promotions. We will credit you, of course.
3. This art swap consists of artists of all skill levels and mediums. That means you may or may not receive a piece of work from someone of your same skill level. Please be respectful and use this as an opportunity to celebrate fellow artists.
4. Although there are no restrictions to what you can create, be sure to keep in mind the likes and dislikes of your partner, and create a piece that you are proud of that uses their information provided. This is a gift for your partner, so please put care, thought, and effort into your creation.
5. If you are mailing your piece out, it must be post-marked by May 20, 2015. Make sure it is securely packaged, and include your name and contact information. Although not required, you may want to include “extras” (postcards, tokens from your hometown, something that inspires you as an artist, etc.). We will schedule a Mix & Mingle to take place in SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI in early June and will notify you of the time & place well before the mailing deadline.
6. Contact us if you would like to volunteer for the Mix & Mingle. Do you also play in a band and want to perform? Do you make a mean cocktail? Do you perform magic tricks? Would you be willing to bring a bottle of champagne or an appetizer? Let us know!
7. Timely communication with your Team Leader (Team Bauhaus or Team Fauvist) is imperative. If you need to drop out, please let us know immediately. We understand if something happens where you are unable to participate, but also please remember that by registering, you agreed to follow through on your commitment.
Thank you again! We will be in touch very soon with your match. Have a good weekend,
Nicole Chilton (Team Fauvist) & Stephanie Hornickel (Team Bauhaus)
Queen City Art Swap co-founders